Published: January 9, 2023
Located in: Miriam Intervention
Reference number: Psychologist
The Miriam Foundation, a Montreal based charitable organization established in 1973, is dedicated to encouraging the funding, enhancing, and supporting of innovative clinical, residential, educational and leisure intervention programs aimed to improve the lives of children and adults with intellectual disabilities, autism and/or neurodevelopmental disorders.
Thanks to the generosity of the Marcelle and Jean Coutu Foundation, we can implement diagnostic services for children suspected as presenting with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or intellectual disability (ID). While the Foundations’ emphasis is on treatment, offering assessment services helps ease the burden of the public sector waiting lists and supports more members of the community. These much needed, essential diagnosis services will be offered at a partial cost for the families.
We are currently looking for a Clinical Psychologist to lead our assessment team as part of Miriam Intervention. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build their team, develop services, collaborate in research projects, and take on a leadership role as part of our dynamic management team.
The ideal candidate is a psychologist with experience in standardized psychometric testing or the assessment and diagnosis of children with developmental delays and/or autism. This is a new position in which the successful candidate will oversee and develop a team to carry out diagnostic evaluations according to best practice standards. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to receive training and professional development for clinicians who wish to gain expertise in this area.
More specifically, the person should have the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
- A PhD or PsyD (DPs) degree in Psychology
- Licensed to practice by the Ordre des psychologues du Québec
- Must be bilingual and able to use available testing material in either language
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the program
- Criminal record check
- Psychological evaluation for ASD and related diagnoses (cognitive, developmental, adaptive behaviour, etc.)
- Assessment for the presence of developmental delays as secondary diagnoses in addition to ASD
- Provide feedback and counseling to families about diagnosis and treatment
- Provide clinical oversight and decision-making regarding consent to assessment, management of clinical files, and oversight of the writing of reports
- Provide a care pathway development for children with ASD or ID and their families in the province of Quebec
- Utilize evidence-based practice
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a desire to work with and assess children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder Diagnoses/Developmental Delays and their families
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills in both French and English
- Has a client-centred approach to care, is quality-driven and is open to innovation to best meet the needs of the client
- Demonstrate superior organization and planning skills
- Show commitment to innovation
- Prior experience in the assessment of ASD and developmental disabilities is an asset
- Prior training and knowledge of the ADI-R and ADOS-2 tools is an asset
Benefits of Joining Miriam Intervention:
For almost five decades, the Miriam Foundation, and its entities, have played an important role in developing and providing direct services and support to individuals and families, as well as educating health professionals and parents, supporting public service organizations that provide services for individuals with behavioural issues and neurodevelopmental disorders. We have achieved this by delivering programs and services that meet highest clinical standards and offering programs that focus on bridging gaps in current services.
- Flexible schedule with on-site and remote working possibilities.
- Complete bank of tests and budget to acquire more psychological tests.
- Modern working environment which includes a private office, dedicated assessment rooms and waiting area, conference room with Cisco system, Boardrooms with Crestron units and full kitchen facilities.
- Excellent salary with benefits.