Published: February 5, 2024
Salaire:$ 19/ hour
The Miriam Foundation is dedicated to encouraging the funding, enhancing and supporting of innovative clinical, residential, educational and leisure intervention programs aimed to improve the lives of children and adults with intellectual disabilities, autism and/or neurodevelopmental disorders. The Miriam Foundation believes that every person deserves to live in a nurturing environment to realize their unique social potential as happy, contributing members of society.
The tasks and responsibilities of a bookkeeper include performing basic accounting operations while ensuring the accuracy of financial information. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting accounts receivable and payable
- Communicating with clients and suppliers
- Following up on client payments
- Maintaining client and supplier files
- Verifying payroll
- Performing general administrative work
Requirements for this position are:
- 1-2 years of accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge is an asset
- Fluent in French and English (verbal and written); other languages considered an asset
- Professional attitude, appearance and personable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills while prioritizing tasks are essential
- Resourceful and takes initiative
- Analytical, organized and detail-oriented
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g., printers, photocopiers, etc.)
Expected Start Date: February 5, 2024
This is a full-time position with group insurance benefits after the probationary period.
Interested applicants can also email their CVs to [email protected]. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.