Bookkeeper Job Description
As the Bookkeeper the tasks and responsibilities include supervising accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditures and revenue while ensuring the accuracy of financial information. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparing month-end and year-end closing processes
- Preparing monthly financial statements and reporting them to management
- Preparing audit files
- Preparing Government remittances and subsequent reporting
- Preparing draft annual budgets and quarterly budgets versus actual reports
- Supervising the accounting team’s functions, including receivables, payables, and payroll
Requirements for this position are:
- 2-5 years of accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in French and English (verbal and written); other languages considered an asset
- Professional attitude, appearance and personable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills, while prioritizing tasks is essential
- Resourceful and takes initiative
- Analytical, organized and detail oriented
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g., printers, photocopiers, etc.)
This is a full time, permanent position, with group insurance benefits. Salary is commensurate to experience.
Interested applicants should email CV to [email protected] prior to April 1, 2021. We thank all applicants, however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.