Occupational Therapist / Psychomotor Therapist -
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST / PSYCHOMOTOR THERAPIST POSITION AVAILABLE
The VERBAL-BEHAVIOR program helps young children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Developmental Disabilities reach their full potential by providing highly individualized services (1:1 ratio) based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
The ESDM program provides specialized early intensive and non-intensive intervention services to young children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Developmental Disabilities through the ESDM model (Denver Model).
- Evaluate and conduct assessments;
- Implement intervention plans and follow up with weekly individual sessions;
- Make recommendations to the multidisciplinary team;
- Provide support to the intervention staff;
- Permanent or contract position, for a maximum of 20 hours/week
- The clientele are children from 0 to 6 years old, with a pervasive developmental disorder or developmental delay.
The person must:
- Be in Canada at the time of hiring AND have a valid work permit, if applicable;
- Be a member of the Québec Order of Occupational Therapists or a certified psychomotor therapist (non-negotiable);
- Demonstrate significant and relevant experience with ASD clients;
- Demonstrate significant and relevant experience in behavioral methods (ESDM, VB, ABA, etc.)
- Ability to work in English and French (verbal, written);
- Demonstrate a high degree of autonomy, initiative, and thoroughness.
Interested candidates can send their application (cover letter, specifying the duration of the work permit, if applicable, and CV) to [email protected]
The start date is to be determined (between now and June 2021).
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.