The Miriam Foundation is a charitable organisation in Montreal that is implementing diagnostic services for children suspected as presenting with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or Intellectual Disability (ID). We are currently looking for a Clinical Psychologist to lead our assessment team as part of Miriam Intervention.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned psychologist trained to use psychological tests to help with assessment and diagnosis of children with developmental delays and/or autism. This is a new position which will include the development of a team to carry out approximately 125 evaluations per year.
More specifically, the person should have the following qualifications:
Qualifications and Experience:
- A PhD or PsyD (DPs) degree in Psychology
- Licensed to practice by the Ordre des psychologues du Québec
- Must be bilingual and able to use available testing material in either language
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the program
- Criminal record check
- Psychological evaluation for ASD and related diagnoses (cognitive, developmental, adaptive behaviour, etc.)
- Assessment for the presence of developmental delays as secondary diagnoses in addition to ASD
- Provide feedback and counseling to families about diagnosis and treatment
- Provide clinical oversight and decision-making regarding consent to assessment, management of clinical files, and oversight of the writing of reports
- Provide a care pathway development for children with ASD or ID and their families in the province of Quebec
- Utilize evidence-based practice
We are looking for candidates who:
- Possess strong assessment skills, skills in working with and assessing children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Diagnoses/Developmental Delays and their families, and skills in assessing and establishing differential diagnosis for this clientele
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills in both French and English
- Has a client-centred approach to care, is quality-driven and is open to innovation to best meet the needs of the client
- Has demonstrated research skills and is open to research collaboration to inform practice
- Work effectively and professionally in a team environment
- Demonstrate superior organization and planning skills
- Show commitment to innovation
- Prior experience in the assessment of ASD and developmental disabilities would be an asset
- Prior training and knowledge of the ADI-R and ADOS tools would be an asset
- 40 hours per week
- Excellent salary with benefits
- We offer a modern working environment
Interested applicants should email CV to [email protected]. We thank all applicants, however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
 The Miriam Intervention trademark is owned by the Miriam Foundation and used under license by the Abe Gold Learning and Research Centre.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.